Support for Children's Centres
NLH Partnership specialises in supporting Children’s Centres in developing their services, measuring their effectiveness, consulting with their service-users, and developing the skills of their staff and partners.
Since setting up in early 2006, we have successfully completed many dozens of Children’s Centre research, evaluation, training, consultation and development projects for local authority, health, charity, voluntary and community sector clients, as well as conducting Children’s Centre and early years projects for national Government.
Prior to setting up NLH Partnership, its Director Nigel Lloyd, was a National Coordinator for the ‘Support’ module of the National Evaluation of Sure Start (NESS), with responsibility for coordinating evaluation support for the 153 Sure Start Local Programme partnerships across London, the East and South-East regions. NLH Partnership can therefore draw on more than a decade of valuable experience in supporting Sure Start Children’s Centres.
The projects we deliver for Children’s Centres are very varied, and include:
- Support with preparing for Ofsted inspection, and particularly with effectively measuring and tracking Children's Centre impacts.
- Development of outcomes frameworks, and robust systems, processes and tools to allow for the effective collection and use of Children’s Centre performance evidence.
- Development of bespoke impact/outcome measurement tools for Children’s Centres to enable them to effectively capture and track the specific outcomes of their services.
- Delivery of research, evaluation and impact measurement workshops and training events for strategic and operational staff, managers and partners (find out more about our training/workshops here).
- Conducting community surveys and consultations with local parents/carers.
- Conducting Children’s Centre research and evaluation projects to measure the impacts of Centres’ work.
- Planning, performance management and outcomes measurement consultancy and support.
- Children's Centre service reviews and service-redesign work.
Please take a look at our ‘Projects and clients’ page for more detail about some of the projects we have completed.
Contact us to find to discuss how we can help to support your Children’s Centre.